Welcome!

Monday, November 17, 2008

It Runs in the Family


15: Kristen from Caleb Custer on Vimeo.
I happen to not be the only artist, or athlete (as this seem to border both), in the family. My cousin Kristen Weiser is also an fantastically talented artist. She is dances for Cedar Lake Dance a contemporary ballet studio, here in New York. She was recently featured in a video by project52, a collaboration with Cedar Lake to highlight the dancers' intersections of life and dance.

I am especially proud and excited to introduce my cousin because she is one of the reasons I am an artist today. Her drive and willingness to dream has given me the confidence to pursue my own goals. If she hadn't been willing to take the hard, and certainly painful, road to become a "rockstar" in the dance world, I don't know if I would have been willing to take such a leap into the art world as well.

If you're interested in seeing more of Kristen and Cedar Lake, and I highly recommend it, their next performances are January 8-18th. They are located at 547 West 26th St, New York, NY 10001.