Welcome!

Monday, October 5, 2009

I Love Running, Inside and Out




I almost feel like I should wait until Halloween to post this. I've had a couple friends tell me I'm pretty gross, but I just think they're fun. Oh well.

I just finished drawing these guys and gals. I've been thinking about what goes on inside the body as we run. There's a lot happening at once. Each system is working independently and together to propel us forward.

These drawings are sort of a first step. Here each system is working correctly, but we all know that is not always the case. Stomach aches, cramps, shortness of breath, shin splints, stress fractures; the list of possible injuries and complications goes on and on. The next step is to represent all of that. Should be fun. Stay tuned!

Not sure if I like them on white or black though. What do you think?