Welcome!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

NYC Marathon 2009


Congratulations to Meb Keflezighi (2:09:15) for being the first American in 28 years to win the ING New York City Marathon and to Derartu Tulu (2:28:52) of Ethiopia for her victory as well!!!

The NYC Marathon was last weekend, running through the five boroughs of New York City. It was a thrilling race with stacked rosters in both the men's and women's races. I went out early to about mile 11 to cheer for the leaders of both races but then focused my energies on cheering for my friends and Front Runner teammates.

I was sad not to be running the race again this year (we'll see about 2010) but was super duper excited to be on the sidelines with my sign screaming. I got quite the workout hitting three spots along the course and meeting everyone at the finish. By the end of it, I felt like I had done a race, myself, but I'm sure I was feeling nothing compared to the 43,000 finishers.

Front Runners alone, had 18 women and 95 men running in the race, with 4 women under four hours, 11 men under three hours and oh-so-many Boston Qualifiers and Personal Bests that I don't care to count. I'm so proud of all my teammates and can't wait to see them out at our next fun run or whenever they're able to walk again...


Pictured: Myself, Kelsey Louie (2:55:35 PR), & David Lin (3:31:05)