Welcome!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bringing My Sketchbook to the Gym!


Summer is almost here! Sunshine, flip flops, and the beaches are right around the corner. If you're like me, you're starting to look for that perfect bathing suit and sunglasses outfit. Also, you're starting to hit the gym a little more regularly than you do in those frigid months...


Here's a little project I did for fun. With a moleskine notebook and a workout from Men's Health, I made my own illustrated gym workout book! Personally, I'm looking to "Forge an Iron Chest" by the beginning of summer. Since it was just for fun (and I never intended to share it..) the illustrations, etc. are pretty simple. The pages on the left explain the exercise and I've saved the page on the right to keep track of my weight and reps. The whole thing turned out pretty nifty. So, I thought it would be fun to share. Can't wait to start using it next week. Just need to remember to LIFT while I'm there and and not DRAW....


Also, if anyone knows a good Buns of Steel workout, send it my way! ;)


*All exercises and references for the workout were taken from and copyright Menshealth.com.